Wednesday, March 09, 2005

We're really living a dilbert life #1

Maybe the first in a series. Who knows?

We have an "e-purchasing" system at work. It's ridiculous. Everything we do is a web application. We have e-conference room schedulers, e-stores, e-rewards, e-thank you's, e-this, e-that.

I'm using the e-purchasing system and while checking out, I come to the spot in which I am to choose my location. It has 31 different "doors" that can be shipped to in my building alone. What's worse, is that all the names are cryptic - they simply have a door number. Now I'm stuck thinking to myself - what's wrong with my name and address? Do I need to spend the next 4 hours walking around the entire building searching for all the door numbers so I know which ones are where and which I am to choose?

Then I find that you really can choose any of the 31. My "keep-it-simple, stupid" thought that only my name and address matter was right, after all. WHY PUT THIS IN THE STUPID CHECKOUT PROCESS THEN?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home