Tuesday, August 09, 2005

What I'm Reading...

I recently had the pleasure of visiting a "Half-Price Books" store. It was my first time - though I am not sure why other than their very inconspicuous location. Perhaps, since they are "Half Price Books", they also have "Half Price Real Estate"? I have been to their website before, though.

Anyways, I had the pleasure of picking up "The Millionaire Next Door" for a mere $5.98. I have to say, it's one heck of an interesting book, although, thus far there is nothing major in it that shocks me.

I have learned that to date, I am a "UAW", or an "Under accumulator of wealth". This is because my net worth should be, according to their formula, about $176k. It's not, though. I also had my eyes opened a bit when I realized that my salary is 100% of my net worth. I also pay taxes on about 85% of my net worth. YIKES!

Some of this is due to student loan debt - so it will only get worse. To think that I won't have any income until I am almost 30 is a bit scary!

2 Comments:

Blogger Keven said...

I'd put money that 95% of 30ish people are under-accumulators then. I know I am.

August 09, 2005 1:27 PM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

Probably actually more like 99.5%, but then, about 97.5% of OVER 30 people are still in that same boat. It's a good read.

August 20, 2005 3:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home