Wednesday, March 23, 2005

Uh oh - the boss is coming!

Everyone's had this experience:

You're clicking away surfing the web incredibly well. You've just found that sweet new time-killing web game ending with .swf in its URL (or something like that) and you're intent on just doing a little bit better. Needless to say, at the current moment, you're not earning your salary, you are, in fact decreasing the economic indicators for productivity. In my case, I was doing stock research.

I notice someone coming out of the corner of my eye, and realize, "Oh Shit", it's the boss! Of course, such language took place only in my head, for yelling "Oh Shit, it's the boss" would be an obvious clue that I was doing something not business related. Anyways, my right hand scurries frantically using the mouse to flip the screen to show just my email. You always look busy checking your email (even if there are no boldfaced messages on the screen - if you don't know what I mean by this, it means that there are no unread messages!).

Just another corporate life observation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home