Thursday, August 18, 2005

I'm in Madison! (almost)

I have been making day trips to Madison this week, slowly moving into my apartment. I learned a few things:

1) It takes exactly 15 minutes for me to walk from my apartment to:
-Grainger Hall (where the B-School is)
-The Union (They serve beer at the Union, which is the most important thing to know about it)
-My friend's place on Lake Mendota
2) I found the Registrar's office
3) You can't get a student loan deferment until the day classes start
4) Campus is huge. Now, I've always known this, but it's friggin' huge.
5) My living room and bedroom are exactly the same size. It's weird because for a living room it looks small, but for a bedroom it looks pretty ample. Perception is everything!
6) Finding parking on campus is easy - when school is not in session...(I'm never going to even try once school begins)

Today I head back to get my phone set up and meet a big chunk of the incoming class at the Great Dane (a local brewpub known to be a place where Grad students hang out (Read: old people).

2 Comments:

Blogger Keven said...

Sorry to break it to you but we ARE old people now.

August 20, 2005 12:00 PM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

yeah, no shit.

So I'm going to write another post after you told me I need to write more :-)

See ya Monday mornin'!

August 20, 2005 3:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home