Thursday, March 31, 2005

The most talented people in the world...

My company, a Fortune 5 one, hires "the best and the brightest", "the most talented people in the world"...

The people here are pretty smart. And pretty f****** stupid too (if you are easily disgusted, you may want to leave now). Case in point: Late yesterday afternoon I am taking care of business in the restroom when a contracted co-worker comes in to enter a stall. I'm not paying much attention to him, until I hear "Oh s***, it's all wet!" After I finish, I look to him as he is curiously pushing the stall door open to see what's the matter. Ironic, as "Oh s***" fits pretty well here. Some "smart" person obviously wasn't man enough to fess up to clogging up a toilet and letting it make a friggin' mess. It's 95% likely this person has a college degree. 50% likely that this person has an advanced degree...but is so frickin' stupid that he clogs up a toilet, creates a mess, and is too ashamed to report the problem.

My guess is that the event took place like this. "Ah..." -> feel good, relieved. Flush. Bummer, that didn't work. Ok, try again. Uh oh. I hope nobody's in here, cuz it would be embarrassing!. Good...nobody's here. Run! Whew! Nobody saw.

Common sense isn't so common, no matter where you go...

This morning, when I came in, there was a big yellow sign hanging from the door - "CLOSED FOR CLEANING." It's always nice to start your day off with a good little chuckle :-)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home