Monday, June 27, 2005

A nice benefit

As I type this with my entire lower jaw numb from the needle of a prosthodontist I must say that while I may bitch from time to time about the corporate job and its lack of positives, there definitely are a few things to be grateful for. One of these things is dental insurance as part of a compensation package.

Rest assured, I am taking advantage of this benefit before I head off to school. I was probably en route to needing root canals on several front teeth, perhaps while in b-school, because of some excessive wear. In fact, I had my front teeth filled once, long ago, but that didn't work at all.

So, as a necessary evil to prevent further tooth decay / damage I am getting some work done that will prevent such damage. It's about 3k worth of work that my insurance has squeezed down to $1650 due to the "in-network" status of the prothsodontist. What's more is that my share is only $552 of the work.

So, it's 500 bucks worth of fillings and resins today, or $5k of root canals and crowns in the future.

Needless to say, my face is numb today...

5 Comments:

Blogger KV said...

haha I too am using all the benefits I can before leaving next month. It seems like I always find somewhere to go whether or not I need it: dentist, doctor, massage therapist, physical therapist, etc...
I didn't even know I had access to all that before :-)

June 27, 2005 6:31 PM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

sent you a message...

June 29, 2005 8:49 PM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

equity - YOWCH. That doesn't sound fun.

Badmama - where are you heading off to?

July 03, 2005 12:39 PM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

kv - you get massages as part of your benefits? Seriously, i need to re-read that book...

July 03, 2005 12:40 PM  
Blogger garydrew01 said...

Dental insurances isn't safe after all. I've experienced going to a prosthodontist
but after realizing that my insurance isn't working, I was really disappointed.

October 20, 2009 12:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home