Thursday, March 31, 2005

Cornell (Johnson) Update

Dinged. Part of me says I should have put more into the app. The other part of me says that it's good to get one ding, otherwise you didn't spread your applications around enough. I'm not really sure.

I did not contact the school alot, nor did I ever go to visit. I was not invited to interview, either, but that is besides the point. Even if admitted, it would have been a tough sell...but now I don't have to make the choice. I'm just not sure how coming back to the Midwest with a Cornell MBA would be...and I don't believe I'm an East Coaster. My GMAT was 13 points below their avg, but my UGrad GPA (3.71) in Engineering didn't hurt, I'm sure. My essay package was, admittedly, the worst of the three, but not terrible. I think that the rankings have made Cornell's apps a little bit stronger this year, so perhaps they are picking from a bit stronger class. Not sure...but if they provide feeback I will find out. That is, assuming they'll be a little bit more helpful and organized as the app process winds down.

I'm not disappointed by this, really. My heart is with UW, but Kelley is still a bit in the running. I'll learn more at Kelley Admit weekend in 8 days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home