Friday, September 09, 2005

Right into the fire...

Today we had the pleasure of attending the Director's Summit - an event that spans two days and discusses issues concerning corporate governance.

I had a chance to meet some interesting people, investment professionals, corporate board members, and a CEO of a small cap company traded on the Nasdaq.

I also had a chance to listen to a presentation about the Nasdaq / Reuters joint venture called the Independent Research Network (IRN). The idea for the IRN is to provide unbiased analyst coverage of stocks that have little or no coverage. It was an interesting idea, but not one without issues that need to be worked out. Overall, I believe that something does need to be done to make equity research a little more unbiased, so I had quite a bit of interest in the topic, despite the fact that some of it was over my head.

It's going fast. Just 6 weeks ago I was still an Engineer. Suddenly I'm in the securities business. Sort of. It's fun, and slightly intimidating at the same time.

But I wouldn't be here if I didn't love this stuff...and if it were easy, everyone would be doing it.

1 Comments:

Blogger KV said...

Actually I think this sounds like fun.

September 11, 2005 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home