Sunday, April 10, 2005

Kelley Admit Weekend - Thoughts

I swear blogspot.com went haywire for about a week. I couldn't post...so the gap in posts isn't my fault!

Anyhow, with regards to Kelley Admit Weekend: what a great school. Coming to Kelley admit weekend clouds my decision, and, as I write this from my hotel room inside the IU Memorial Union, I can say that this is a hard decision. I'm eligible for $$$ from IU, and this place really takes alot of pride in the MBA program, and wants to continually make the program stronger. And, I know that in general, IU has a stronger program overall...but for IM it's kind of a toss up. Sure, some of the stuff I've heard this weekend is fluff, but the quality of admits is pretty impressive. I wish UW would create an admit weekend, because that would help make this decision easier. Anyhow, I'm not going to make the decision until next week, when I can remove some of the emotions of having just been at IU for 2 days.

I met several people from China, 1 from Korea, a slew of New Yorkers, and Left-coasters too. Of course there's a big contingent from 45 minutes north (where, on the drive down on one of the Indy bypasses a tow truck hit a shredded semi-tire sending it in the air only to land on and subsequently dent the hood of my car somewhat severly!) There's even a guy who I met at UW prospective weekend and several other fellow cheeseheads. B-School admits have a very addictive personality, as a whole. We're entreprenuerial, and we don't see alot of limts. It's soooo refreshing, and I wish that school started tomorrow. Soon enough...soon enough...

1 Comments:

Blogger rvb1977 said...

Thanks, I appreciate it. It was a tough choice...I loved the Kelley School...but in the end I had to think kind of selfishly from the Investment Management side of things...and I just think that it'll work a bit better for me even though it is more specialized! Good luck to you at IU, as well. What academy are you in?

April 22, 2005 11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home