Thursday, June 30, 2005

Hey Short Timer...

Was heard by my ears this morning as I walked into the cafeteria. I wonder what motivates people to say such a thing? Jealousy? A sense of betrayal? Disgust that "short timers" are no longer part of the "in" crowd? Or worse, that "short timers" symbolize one saying that what the "in" crowd does isn't good enough?

Or maybe it's nothing at all. For the first time since beginning my career at my current company - the workload has actually started to dwindle, and I am able to focus on the important stuff.

Funny thing - I'm more productive than ever before.

3 Comments:

Blogger Keven said...

It's just jealousy.

July 01, 2005 6:34 PM  
Blogger daniel said...

To me, it's all in the context, and/or your relationship to the person saying it. It could be snotty-ish, or it could be simple acknowledgement of the fact that "they know what's going on with you".

July 02, 2005 6:59 PM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

I'm trying not to really think too much of it - just focused on making sure people are ready for my departure, though not so much as a sense of duty but more because I believe they're working on important stuff (finally).

July 03, 2005 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home