Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Your chance to help me....

So this is where the readers of my blog - should there be any these days - can help me out. Here's my dilemma:

I would like to obtain an internship for the summer. I prefer to work in equity research, portfolio management or proprietary trading - focused on portfolio management. The problem is that my current work experience comes from 7 years in the engineering field at two fortune 500 companies.

I'm not worried about meeting contacts in the business. UW can hook me up there - that's why I am here. What I am a little bit worried about it my blank resume, as far as professional experience in investing is concerned (I have lots of personal experience, but they are different). As compared to others, my experience is limited.

So, what should I focus on during my resume?

What other tips can you out there offer? Anyone else gone through a similar experience?

5 Comments:

Blogger Keven said...

Write a list of attributes that the companies you're going for need. Not so much technical stuff, you'll learn that in the next two years. Then find the best examples of those attributes you have from your history. Chuck 'em on your resume. Then expand on them for your STAR statements for your interviews.

September 27, 2005 8:55 PM  
Blogger KV said...

I'm in somewhat of a similar situation and have a resume workshop friday morning. I'll fill you in on what I learn...

September 28, 2005 7:42 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 11, 2005 7:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

October 23, 2005 9:36 AM  
Blogger rvb1977 said...

Thanks for the advice. BTW - I tried to look you up, but your contact info isn't on the alumni database yet. I have a question for ya...

December 13, 2005 5:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home