Tuesday, October 11, 2005

It's the little things...

On a campus that make you smile sometimes. The MBA class of '07 is all cooped up tonight, studying for Exam #1 for most of the students (Finance majors, however, took an Econ exam today).

I am writing this post from the Memorial Union. To be specific I am sitting right near the entrance to Rathskeller - a popular area to mingle, eat, play cards, or drink beer. Yes, you can drink beer in the Union at UW (Actually, there are multiple unions and I don't know if Union South serves beer). One of the most popular hangouts on campus itself, there's also a huge patio area outside that is aptly named Union Terrace (there's also a small stage outside). It hasn't gotten too cold yet this fall, and I imagine there were people hanging out on the terrace earlier today. It's getting a little chilly this evening, however...but as I look to my left I can see Lake Mendota and there is a plethora of sailboats on the lake (should it be written as "is" or "are" a plethora?). It really is a beautiful setting.

On my walk in, I passed a student playing fetch with her golden retriever. Fetch is truly timeless game - and I'm sure that it will live on forever, or as long as dogs are man's best friend. In fact, seeing it being played brought a smile to me and actually prompted my writing this post.

Now back to the accounting...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home